The main cabin at Wilkins Mill Guest Houses (there are three buildings total on the property for guests) sits adjacent to the historic Wilkins Mill Covered Bridge #35 located one block east of U.S. Highway 41 in World Famous Parke County Indiana, the Covered Bridge Capital of the WORLD. This privately- owned property is conveniently located just five minutes from Turkey Run State Park and only ten miles from Shades State Park, and Rockville, Indiana.
This historic "cabin" was originally a general store and takes its name from the former gristmill built by George Wilkins in 1828. It still has its original poplar siding, complete with square nails! It is paneled inside with original hand milled lumber and has random width pine floors. Surrounded by 40 acres of peaceful, private wooded land on Sugar Mill Creek, this property offers plenty of room for outdoor activities like hiking on the private trails, enjoying s'mores around the campfire and viewing the Milky Way with thousands of stars that city dwellers never see. Create priceless memories with friends and family here.
With a large, open floor plan to comfortably accommodate two to ten guests (all bedding and linens provided) , inside you will find a large wood burning fireplace with a fine offering of local artwork, books, games, artifacts, and antiques complimenting the unique history, charm and character of this rustic property.
For your comfort, modern amenities include:
• Year-round AC/Heat
• Modern bath with whirlpool tub and shower plus an additional powder room.
• Large dressing room/changing area adjacent to the main bath.
• Fully equipped kitchen - including gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, and cookware. Paper goods and plastic ware provided.
• Dining tables in main cabin and on the screened porch.
• Land line telephone, Satellite Dish TV/VCR/DVD.
Come stay with us and become part of the history of this very special place.
The main cabin sleeps 2-10 and extra beds on the screened porch give early risers great views of wildlife in the woods near the bridge.
• $150 per night for 1-2 Guests
• $20 per night for each additional guest.
• TWO night minimum stay requested.
• Pets welcome with prior owner approval. Three stall horse barn with turn out available upon request. $20 per night per horse.
Smoking outdoors only.
Special Weekday Packages
$650 for 5 night stay (Sun - Thurs) for two guests. Additional guests $20/per week. October Covered Bridge Festival dates excluded.
Additional terms and conditions
• Rates do not include state and local taxes.
• Deposit for first night's stay due at time of booking and non-refundable. Full payment for entire stay OR cancellations must be made seven days prior to arrival.
• Major credit cards accepted.
• Phone for reservations: (765) 597-2046 or
call or text owner's cell phone (708) 363-6114.
8904 Cox Ford Road
Bloomingdale IN 47832
To send an email please fill out the contact form below.
Owner Jean Turnmire will be happy to help you plan your perfect Parke County get away!
8904 Cox Ford Road, Bloomingdale, Indiana 47832, United States
Open year round
Check in 3 pm
Check out 10 am