This beautiful privately owned 40 acre property is conveniently located just five minutes from Turkey Run State Park and only ten miles from Shades State Park, and Rockville, Indiana.
We have three guest houses - The Main Cabin (sleeps 2 - 10), Hilltop House (sleeps 2 - 7), and Spring House (sleeps 2 in twin beds), sit adjacent to the historic Wilkins Mill Covered Bridge ( #35) located one block east of U.S. Highway 41 in World Famous Parke County Indiana, the Covered Bridge Capital of the WORLD.
Originally a general store, the historic Main Cabin takes its name from the former gristmill built by George Wilkins in 1828. It still has its original poplar siding, complete with square nails! It is paneled inside with original hand milled lumber and has random width pine floors. Surrounded by 40 acres of peaceful, private wooded land on Sugar Mill Creek, this property offers plenty of room for outdoor activities like hiking on the private trails, enjoying smores around the campfire, and viewing the Milky Way with thousands of stars that city dwellers never see. Create priceless memories with friends and family here.
With a large, open floor plan to comfortably accommodate two to ten guests (all bedding and linens provided), inside you'll find a large wood burning fireplace with a fine offering of local artwork, books, games, artifacts, and antiques complimenting the unique history, charm and character of this rustic property.
For your comfort, modern amenities in the Main Cabin include:
• Year-round AC/Heat
• Modern bath with whirlpool tub and shower plus an additional powder room.
• Large dressing room/changing area adjacent to the main bath.
• Fully equipped kitchen - including gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, and cookware. Paper goods and plastic ware provided.
• Dining tables in main cabin and on the screened porch.
• Land line telephone, Satellite Dish TV/VCR/DVD.
NOTE: The Main Cabin is located 10' from our charming 1877 constructed Spring House location (which sleeps two in twin beds) and shares a small patio area. If you have a larger group or just need additional private accommodations for your party, both buildings can be booked simultaneously based on availability. Please note that separate parties may be booked in each building during a stay.
Come stay with us and become part of the history of this very special place.
The MAIN CABIN sleeps 2-10 and extra beds on the screened porch give early risers great views of wildlife in the woods near the bridge.
• Base rate $160 per night (Sun - Thurs) - $175 per night (Fri - Sat/Holidays) for 1st guest.
• Additional guests of all ages - $20 per person, per night.
• TWO night minimum stay requested.
• Dog and horse friendly with prior owner approval.
Special Weekday Packages
$650 for 5 night stay (Sun - Thurs) for two guests. Additional guests $20/per person, per stay.
Holidays and October Covered Bridge Festival dates excluded.
All other terms apply.
Additional terms and conditions
• Deposit for first night's stay is non-refundable and due at time of booking.
NOTE: Full payment for entire stay is due two weeks prior to arrival. All payments are non-refundable. Owner will always work with guests and allow up to one year for re-booking of emergency cancellations.
• Major credit cards and personal checks accepted.
• Phone for reservations: (765) 597-2046 or call or text owner's cell phone (708) 363-6114.
PLEASE NOTE GENERAL PROPERTY RULES:
Check-in time after 3:00 pm. Check-out time 10:00 am.
No smoking in buildings. Guests may smoke outdoors.
Damage to property may incur up to a $250.00 fee.
Pets must have current flea and tick protection.
Owner's farm animals live on the property.
8904 Cox Ford Road
Bloomingdale IN 47832
To send an email please fill out the form below.
Owner Jean Turnmire will be happy to help you plan your perfect Parke County get away!
8904 Cox Ford Road, Bloomingdale, Indiana 47832, United States
Open year round
Check in 3 pm
Check out 10 am